Everyone agrees organizations need policies and procedures. Too often, unfortunately, no one takes ownership for ensuring these important documents work as intended. In hallways, huddled over desks, you are likely to hear, “Well, yeah, we have a policy on that somewhere, but this is what we do.”
When written well and updated appropriately, policies and procedures steer on-the-job behaviors toward what is efficient, effective, and safe from liability.
The overall goal of Writing Effective Policies, Procedures, and Manuals is to show you how to plan, write, edit, and publish successful policies, procedures, and manuals. How do we measure that success? When readers find and follow quickly and painlessly the guidance they need.
Participants in Writing Effective Policies, Procedures, and Manuals can expect the following payoffs for their investment in the workshop.
- Improve effectiveness of policies and procedures
- Reduce the time readers take to find what they are looking for.
- Gain greater compliance by employees, vendors, and customers.
- Reduce cost of writing and publishing policies and procedures.
- Reduce potential for liability.
- Learn and apply how to update effectively.
- Keep in touch with current practices.